Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



Happy Anniversary

on Sunday, February 8, 2009

Today would have been Dad and Mom's 52nd wedding anniversary. I've been thinking of them a lot lately. It's amazing how much you can miss someone. When I don't feel good, Mom is the first person I want to call, and I've found myself wanting to call her so she can tell me to take some tums so I would feel better. The other night when I talked to Cathi, they were getting ready to go to Roseville to eat catfish and I about asked her if Dad was going with them. Some days it seems as if they are still here, and other days it seems like they've been gone for a long time. Wanda made all of us a quilt out of Dad's bibs and some of Mom's old shirts. I need to get a picture of it on here. It is so neat. I've found myself using it a lot lately!

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad. I'm sure they are celebrating together in Heaven. I love you.

(Also happy anniversary to Kevin and Kathy yesterday!)

1 comments:

Mindy said...

Happy Anniversary to your parents! I'm sure it's hard. I want to see that quilt. I love it when people make quilts and things out of clothes and things -- they always turn out so neat. What a nice thing to snuggle up to when you're feeling yucky!