Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



Randomness

on Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Not much going on here at the Ryners, but it doesn't seem like we've really had any "free time". I'm wondering how Blake will sleep tonight. I don't know how many more times the kid can blow his nose! He's all congested, yet his nose runs nonstop. He sneezes, blows his nose, coughs, blows his nose, complains of a sore throat, blows again, complains of a headache, and blows again. I put some Vicks under his nose and you would have thought I used gasoline. He started screaming at the top of his lungs!! I guess Vicks burns if you put it on chapped skin. Oops, there goes Mom of the Year... again. Speaking of that... real quick... their Grandma lost Grandma of the Year tonight when she forgot to pick them up from the After School Program. I had class and got to them at 5:59 p.m.! They were okay. I figured Brooke had cried in fear she'd have to be there the rest of her life, but she hadn't. (Sorry, Wanda, I couldn't help but mention it! They forgive you, just don't forget them tomorrow night!)

Jeff is busy in the field so I really feel like a single mom, but I don't think single moms have a large man slip into their bed everynight between 10:30 and midnight, starting to snore before his head hits the darn pillow! Ok, maybe some single moms do, I don't know! I think he falls asleep taking a shower. The other night I heard a god-awful noise as he was getting out, I thought he was falling through the wall or floor! That's the night I think he was snoring before he even laid down in bed. He's been in a relatively good mood through all of harvest. Today he did have some break downs and he's not home yet so I'm not sure how he'll be when he gets here. But considering that we really don't talk, I probably won't even know. He's in bed way after me and up way before me and out the door.

I came upon yet another blog! I was so excited to see that one of my friends from college is a newly found blogger friend! Check her out here. She's a teacher and has 3 kids and has the same chaotic life as all of us! That is one more blog that I have to check on a nightly basis!!

We have a very busy next few days - mentoring class, premiere of High School Musical 3 at the movie theater, a flag football game, open house, a skating birthday party, an overnight bday party at Fun City for Brooke, a weiner roast, a 4 wheeler race we are probably going to have to skip, and a hunt for Halloween costumes! Then, it will be Monday again. Ugghhh!

I know, I know, I haven't posted any pics lately, but I'm too cold to go out to take some of my favorite patio! Until next time...

2 comments:

Cathi said...

Well of course I'm going to comment since you FINALLY updated. I hope Blake feels better, but he knows he can always call Nanny and I will try not to forget him, sorry Wanda. But in her defense, who hasn't forgot a child???? Okay, when Luke was in 4th grade I dropped him off at Pizza Hut for a party and yep, forgot to pick him up. Thank goodness for good friends. And who hasn't had the phone call "Are you about here" and you reply "Yep, almost" and you go sprinting out the door and speed all the way there. We have yet to loose or forget Rach, she doesn't ever get that far away. She will tell you that one night Uncle Jeff lost her in Target. He spotted/heard her when she ran by screaming. She will never let him forget that. Well I'm off to bed and maybe do a head count of kids on the way.

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing regarding my Worst Grandma of the Year award!

I would like to say I will never never ever do that again, but then who knows?