Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



We Didn't Lose Rachel!!!

on Thursday, October 23, 2008

For those of you who read the comments on my blog last night, disregard some of what my lovely sister said!! Cathi, we did NOT lose Rachel in Target. As I recall, Jeff and the girls were in the toy section. Jeff wandered over to the next aisle, and as the girls looked around, Jeff wasn't there. Did they freak?? YES! They did! I could hear screaming kids from across the store and thought to myself "Oh, some poor, poor children got separated from their parents!" But, no, as I looked up, I saw Brooke and Rachel running, no sprinting rather, across the Target store!!! I believer Rachel was screaming "Aunt Chrissi, Uncle Jeff lost us!!!!!!!!" Then there was Jeff, trailing about 15 steps behind them with a really weird look on his face!! Yeah, we didn't "lose" her!!!

On a lighter note, the kids got picked up from After School safe and sound tonight by Grandma Wanda!! Brooke insisted I call her after school to remind her so I sent her a quick text!! Everyone got where they needed to be!!

1 comments:

Cathi said...

So Rachel has a little different version of the story, just another fond memory she will NEVER forget. I think she has since forgiven Jeff and I know she would forgive Grandma Wanda cause she ranks right up there with chocolate with Rachel. I can hear Brooke in 40 years sharing stories with her daughter (who will act and look just like Brooke and Chrissi) about the time Grandma Wanda forgot her at school. Sweet childhood memories. Carrie still tells the story about Mom driving away and leaving her on the side of the road and she's turned out pretty good.