Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



HOW? WHY? Brrrrr.....

on Wednesday, January 14, 2009
















Snow Day #3 for us! No school due to 5" of snow, high winds, and dropping temperatures. It's so cold out and it's going to be colder tomorrow and Friday than it's been in 12 years, according to the weather guys! Uggghhh! So if it's that cold out, how can the kids be out in it? And why do they want to be? Brooke finally broke down about 10 minutes ago and went outside with Blake. He's been in and out all afternoon. I know, I know, he shouldn't be. We were home Monday because they were both not feeling well, but I tell ya, they are just about stir crazy! A little bit of cold might kill some of those darn germs! You can't tell by looking, the but the drift they are laying in is about 3' deep and it's the drift that poor little, 11 lb. Sophie got stuck in this morning. Literally - stuck. She was whining and just about frozen in the 3 seconds it took for me to get to her. Now she won't go out at all. Even Pepper wants to be inside, at least until now. Now she's outside chasing the kids in the snow.

Snow + wind = Jeff goes snowmobiling. All of the guys are going riding tonight so it's just me and the kids. I have a yummy pork roast in the oven, too, but I guess I will eat his portion! He is leaving on Sunday for Wyoming and will return the following Saturday. The guys look forward to this trip every year and will start planning next year's trip on the way home this year!! So it's just me and the kids next week. Don't tell, but it's kind of like a vacation for us! Hopefully the weather will be much better than this week! I'll be in charge of chores and I am kind of a fair weather farm girl when it comes to choring!!

I brought some school work home with me yesterday, and I'm glad I did since I'll have a little extra time to work on it. A lot of the schools up north have already cancelled classes for tomorrow. I'm hoping that if we decide to cancel, we'll decide tonight so we don't have to get that 6 a.m. phone call tomorrow morning!

0 comments: