Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



Quiet Chaos

on Thursday, July 24, 2008

Boy it sure has been quiet around here this week. Brooke and Blake have been here and there and everywhere and I've not seen Blake much at all. Let's see.... Brooke spent the night with Rachel Sunday night and I didn't get her until late Monday afternoon. On Monday, Blake and I went to Jordan's 4H Steer Show.... he didn't come home with me, he stayed with Grandma Wanda and went to her house to play with cousin Josh. Brooke and I had a quiet night at home on Monday, we were laying in bed watching our favorite show of all times "House Hunters" when Jeff came home from his parents' house with..... yep, Blake. He decided he didn't want to spend the night at Grandma's so here he climbed into my bed. He proceeded to change the channel (Like always!) to Nickelodeon. Boy nothing pisses Brooke off more than someone changing the channel in the middle of her show. She might, I said MIGHT, get that from her mother. On Tuesday, Cathi and Rachel came up for the afternoon. The kids swam and then Rachel decided to spend the night. Wednesday morning, Blake took off for Grandma's house again to have more play time with cousins Josh and Sam! Then Brooke and Rachel were invited to a friend's house to play for the day. Wow, a whole afternoon to myself. That "alone time" always results in "expensive time". I went and did a little shopping in Galesburg and got the best pedicure I've ever had. Brooke returned at supper time, along with Rachel, and then Rachel spent the night again because Blake did decide to spend the night at Grandma's with his cousins! Now, it's Thursday.... as I type, Blake is at a demo derby with Luke and Brooke is down the road at a friend's house spending the night there! See, I told you. It's been a busy week and I've barely been able to keep track of my own kids!!!!!!!! And to think that tomorrow night they are spending the night at Grandma and Grandpa's so Jeff and I can go out to eat and go to an anniversary party!

It was funny this morning when Brooke saw Wanda pull in to drop off Blake. Her exact words were "This is the worse day of my life - Blake's home, Mom!" They really enjoy not being around each other. I sure hope that gets better!

If you are tired after reading about this week's exciting events, think about how tired I am!!!
Oh, I want to give a quick shout-out to Grandpa Ray!!! He lives in the state of Washington, and has told me that he keeps up on my blog! Love and miss you, Grandpa Ray!

1 comments:

Joanie said...

Chrissi, So where did you get the great pedi?