Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



They're Home.... Finally

on Sunday, July 27, 2008
















A 4H Mom sent these pics to me of Brooke showing at the Mercer County Fair. These were taken during the Junior Show in which she placed 3rd in the lightweight class.

Brooke and Blake are finally home after a very busy week. Blake went down to Kahoka, Missouri with Grandma and Grandpa and cousins Sam and Josh yesterday for a Family Picnic. Brooke swam at a friend's house and then had 2 friends spend the night last night. So I shipped the friends off early this morning so the kids could get settled back into home. They had a lot of cleaning to do - their toy room was a disaster! If they can work together and get along, they do a really good job of picking up.

I am excited to go to my friend Mindy's house today. She has been working on a little project for me - a tribute to my Dad. She is an avid scrapbooker and always creates the cutest layouts and homemade cards. She sent me a card after he passed away and I asked her to recreate it a little larger so I could put it in a 5x7 frame. Well, she has it done and I can't wait to pick it up today! She also has 3 year old triplets, and Brooke and Blake have been wanting to go play with them.

Chase is having a cookout tonight so we are off to that at 5:00. He and his roommate just got a new smoker and they are going to smoke some pork loin, chicken, and ribs. The rest of us will provide the rest! We always have a good time when we all get together. We'll leave with our bellies full, that's for sure!

Things aren't winding down any time too soon around here. We leave Wed. night to set up for the Knox County Fair in Knoxville. Then we have weigh-in on Thursday, and the kids show on Friday and Saturday. The steers come home on Sunday. Another busy week! I'll try to keep everyone posted!

0 comments: