Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



Getting ready for Spring!!

on Thursday, March 27, 2008


We sure are hoping that spring is just around the corner. The kids are ready to be able to spend more time outside. They are outside whenever it is nice, but today it's cold and rainy. It even hailed a little bit! Yuck. Since it is officially spring, it should not be able to be 35 and rainy ANYMORE! Brooke and I went and got our spring haircuts. She decided to get about 3" cut off her hair. She has a phenomenal amount of hair! She gets it from me. We both have very, very thick hair. By the time Angela got done thinning and cutting, it looked like there were a couple small animals laying on the floor! I think she looks a lot more grown up. She has been bugging me to take her to the mall so she can get her ears pierced for the second time. Rachel just got hers repierced after letting hers grow shut so I guess that has inspired Brooke to get hers done with a second hole. She'd really like to get it done on the upper part of her ear, but I don't think she'd like the pain that it would cause!! She needs to save that for when she's older.... a lot older! Well, Blake is anxiously awaiting this Sunday. He is convinced that he is going to race his 4 wheeler for the first time in Hooppole, Il. It's a "hare scramble" race which means that they count how many times you can maneuver your way through a course in a given amount of time. I think it's 30 minutes. He is so excited about it. I tried explaining to him that he may not win or get a trophy. He just looked at me for a few seconds and said, "I know....". Yeah, right! I know he was really thinking "Shutup, mom, I will win and get a trophy". I just don't want him to be disappointed. I did read his journal at school (one benefit or working in the same building as your kids is that you can kind of "sneak" into their classrooms and look at things like their first grade journals!) and he talked about going racing and then finished his journal entry with "It's not about winning, it's about having fun!" Maybe my little talk to him really did mean something!! I guess we'll see on Sunday. Brooke thinks that she wants to race, too, but we haven't decided about that yet. She doesn't have the full set of gear like her brother and I doubt they sell racing gear in pink and purple! I think the worst part of it would be if she finished before Blake.... that could make for a LONG ride home from Hooppole! It's suppose to rain on Sunday so neither of them may race anyway! I'll keep everyone posted on that. We're off to Brooke's dance class tonight. Always something to do!

0 comments: