Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



Where does the time go???

on Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Gosh, I can't believe that my "little" boy will be 7 in two days! Where does the time go? It seems like yesterday that we were bringing him home from the hospital. His birthday is on the first day of spring, and what a great way to bring in a new season! We've got a jam-packed week of "birthdaying" to do. Tomorrow we are taking 2 of his friends to see "Horton Hears a Who" and to eat at Happy Joe's. Then on his actual birthday we'll probably just drive through his favorite McDonald's on the way home from Brooke's dance class. We are having the Flatt side of the family over for dinner Friday night and are celebrating with the Ryner side on Saturday night, along with Easter dinner. Wow! He's going to have a great time. He is so excited about his birthday this year. He was sick at this time last year so his birthday kind of got put aside. I guess we are definitely making up for it this year.
Another funny story about today - things are always crazy here in the morning. It seems like we have been rushed getting ready for school since this time change thing! It has really screwed up our internal clocks. This morning Blake was supposed to be getting his clothes on while Brooke was finishing up in the bathroom. We got all ready and out the door we went. Well, at about 2:00 this afternoon, I was walking down the hallway at school as his class was headed back to their classroom. I looked at him and thought to myself "why does Blake have that shirt on? That's not what he was supposed to wear to school?" Oops, he had forgotten to change out of his pajama shirt (which thank goodness was just a United tshirt) into his school shirt. I just started laughing. It had been quite a day at school so that just lightened my mood! At least I can laugh at myself, right? Is that a good sign or not??

2 comments:

Runaway Farm said...

It does seem like yesterday not 7 years ago when you had him! Sounds like you have a fun week/weekend planned. I'm anxious to hear how that movie is we are considering taking the kids. Happy Birthday, Blake!

Runaway Farm said...

I forgot to say that is too funny about the PJ shirt. I wonder what things my kids will go to school wearing . . . at least you noticed I probably wouldn't on my kids!