Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



Bummer....

on Monday, March 31, 2008

Well our wonderful weekend didn't end so wonderful. Blake started getting a headache last night, but I thought it was just because he was absolutely exhausted..... asleep on the couch at 7:45 p.m. He woke up this morning with a cough coming from his toes and a fever. I had already planned on taking the morning off to take him to the dentist so I call in to tell my principal I needed the whole day. Then....Brooke came moseying into the bathroom with flame red cheeks and an earache. She has been complaining of her ear being "clogged" but I really thought it was just because of her getting water in her ears during her shower. So off to the doctor we went. Our regular pediatrician was out of town (for 3 weeks!!!!!) so we had to see another one in the office. After waiting almost an hour, we finally got in. That is sooo frustrating! The "sick room" was full of kids so I knew if we didn't have anything serious when we went in, we would when we left! Everyone was coughing and a couple kids were sick to their stomachs. Fun times I tell ya!!! So, $100 later (by the time you pay a copay for 2 kids and get medicine), Brooke has an ear infection and Blake has some type of virus, he said that he could be getting a cold or the flu. They both laid around all afternoon. Blake slept for a couple hours and woke up with a fever again. Darn it!! So I hope they will be on the mend soon. No fun at all!

2 comments:

Runaway Farm said...

On no! Doesn't sound good for either of them. Probably another day off for all of you tomorrow, huh? I hope for a speedy recovery soon! I hate waiting at the dr office with sick kids! Get well soon!

Cathi said...

Nanny to the rescue!!!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness he doesn't mind running to the Amish bakery, a healthy McDonald's lunch and an afternoon snack of popcorn and Sprite. But he really didn't feel so good this morning, I am just glad he was fever free for most of the day. You'd almost forget he's around.....except - he talks all the time, and I love every little words he says. It was nice spending a couple of hours this morning with my favorite niece and my favorite 7 year old nephew.