Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



on Sunday, March 30, 2008


Oh my goodness!!! I can't begin to tell you what an absolutely AWESOME weekend we had around here! First of all, the kids had a blast Friday night at the "Dive In Movie" at the YMCA. They watched Evan Almighty while they were swimming. While they were there with Aunt Cathi and Rachel, I had dinner for my wonderful friend Emily's birthday! It's not too often that all of us girls get together. We all teach together and have become great friends through that, so we try to go out for each other's birthdays! We had a lot of fun. I came home early, but they continued to party until early morning hours!! Whew! Then
on Saturday, I took the kids and Rachel down to Roseville to the WIU Hoof & Horn Cattle Show for a while. It was sooooo cold and the kids were freezing so we cut the show short and meandered our way out to the Amish bakery/grocery store. It was really fun seeing how they live and operate. We came home with mouth-watering homemade bread, candy, apple butter, & noodles. If you haven't been there - go!

Yes, this is my little scooter in his first ever Quad race!! He has been so excited about it. I was really excited, too, until they lined up to race, my heart dropped into my stomach. We had so much fun!! He got 3rd place out of 8 in the Kids

Quad Race and came home with an awesome trophy! Luke (nephew) also went with us. He raced for his first time, too - but with about 75 other Quads! I had never seen so many four wheelers and dirt bikes in one location in my life!! There must have been about 500 dirt bikes, 200 four wheelers, and 1,000 people! It was a long day as we had to drive over an hour just to get there. Poor Blake was up at 6:15 a.m., in the truck at 7 a.m. and didn't race until Noon. He was absolutely starving right before the race so I had him down a 3 Musketeer bar to give him some quick energy!! Brooke opted not to go which I wasn't too sure about, but she probably wouldn't have had much fun at the races. It was cold and there was a lot of sitting around & waiting. Luke even brought home a trophy! He got 12th out of 30 in his class. I'll put some more pictures of the races here. I thought they were really cute! They had so much fun... and looked great in all of their gear!!

0 comments: