Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



Farmin'

on Monday, May 5, 2008



Jeff has been working long hours during this nice weather. He almost has all of his corn planted. I'm not sure when he will start beans, but I imagine when he does, he'll go like mad. I took lunch to the field yesterday and supper tonight so at least they are getting fed. I really enjoy cooking and taking it to the field. Although tonight Jeff had a subway sandwich and a blizzard. I wish I was home all day during spring and fall so I could be in charge of meals. I like doing it, but it's hard to come home from school and fix supper and cart it to the field so I try to fix better meals on the weekend. Blake rode with Jeff yesterday and then jumped into the tractor with Grandpa. He said he likes riding in the tractor that pulls the cultivator better because "it goes faster". Leave it to Blake. The kids and I ate with Dad tonight in town. He doesn't pass up a meal out very often. He doesn't like to eat alone and it makes for a long evening if he's home by himself so we try to get together with him for a good meal. We are off to Burlington tomorrow night to watch Erik play baseball at the Bees Stadium. Hopefully it won't rain! Blake's teacher's birthday was today so I was asked to make scotcheroos for their class to eat during their milk break as her birthday treat. Blake took a nice pot of planted flowers, too. Brooke was given 2 flowering cabbage plants from our friend Jackie (thanks, Jackie!) so we go those planted last night. She is looking forward to getting more flowers to plant. She is kind of in to that this year. She won't be in July when you have to water the dumb things when it's 100 degrees. Only 15 days of school left after tomorrow and 35 days to Disney World! Whoo hoo! We are soooo excited!

0 comments: