Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



Happy 16th, Erik!

on Wednesday, May 7, 2008


Our nephew Erik is turning 16 tomorrow! Wow! I thought he would never be legal! He's only been driving illegally for about 6 years, he should have plenty of experience to get his license. This picture was taken about 5 or 6 years ago. You can see that he's always been our "daredevil", riding things on 2 wheels, popping wheelies, speeding around on anything that has a motor, and he's especially good at tearing apart motors and machines to see how they work... and he even gets things put back together. He is a very "hands on" type of guy. When he was in first grade, he stood up on his chair during a spelling test and told his teacher that the custodian who was mowing had a new mower and proceeded to tell her the make and model. Ok, maybe not the best time for that, but it was cute and informative! Give him some credit for that! If you notice in the picture, he's wearing shorts and chore boots. He has worn chore boots since he was old enough to walk, and he wore them in any type of weather and in any temperature, with and without socks. Ooooh, yummy, huh? I think those boots had to be retired and not handed down! (I am so lucky to have such great nephews and nieces.) Happy 16th Birthday, Erik! Have a great day! As your mom always says, never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly! We love ya!

2 comments:

Cathi said...

That's my boy!!!!!!!! I wish I would have had that picture for the paper, darn it. I would love a copy of it, I didn't get one. That pic just sums up Erik in a nut shell. I could just cry that 16 years have gone by...many many more to come. LOVE that kid to death!!!!!!!!!

Runaway Farm said...

That is the best photo ever! You should start scrapbooking and begin with that one! As a mom it about gives me a heart-attack but it is a totally descritive photo of Erik! Tell him Happy Birthday from me!