Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



Repaying Debts!

on Sunday, May 4, 2008


I have been repaying some debts this weekend. I decided to do it by baking what Blake calls my "famous apple pie". I made 2 yesterday and 2 this morning. Last night we delivered one to our friends Jackie and Wayne because Wayne had a hip replaced 3 weeks ago and I didn't get anything to them like I had intended to. Then we delivered one to Luke and his girlfriend's dad (Jim Winkler) as a repayment for some material I used to patch the hole in the barn floor last weekend. Today I have to deliver one to Roger for helping me tear up my carpet (which looks great by the way!) and then I kept one for us. I am taking lunch to Jeff & John in the field today so they can have apple pie as dessert. Jeff was disappointed last night that I took the other pies and didn't leave him any! He told me to tell Jackie that she can't return the pie plate empty. Jackie gave Brooke two flowering kale plants for us to plant today. Brooke is excited. She has a few flowers that she's planted over the past couple years and she likes to look at them often and see how much they grow.

We have another busy week ahead of us! I like this time of year, but don't like all of the extra things going on, although they are fun. Erik (nephew) plays baseball at the Burlington Bees Stadium Tuesday night so we are looking forward to that. Then he turns 16 on Thursday. Watch out!!!! Blake has his field trip to Niabi Zoo on Friday so we are looking forward to that. Then Brooke finally has her multiplication party in her class so she will finally get her trophy for winning the speed tests! They had to wait for everyone to cross the "finish line" in order to have their party. I will be going with Brooke on her field trip to Wildlife Prairie Park on the 16th. I always save my personal days so I can go with them on their field trips. It's so hard for me to go as Mom and not Mrs. Ryner though!

For those of you who can (Gma and Nanny Cathi and Aunt Sara), Blake's 1st grade play is on May 14th . His Author Tea is on May 22nd which is a lot of fun. They set the whole day aside and family and friends come into the classroom throughout the day to read all of the books they've written during the year. They write a lot!!! Their Field Day is on May 23rd. Brooke will be performing history skits, too, I just don't know the date yet. Mark your calendars! They would love to have someone there other than their mom!!

Enjoy the nice weather today. We are off to the field to deliver lunch!

2 comments:

Cathi said...

FYI - It tastes as good as it looks Yummy!!!!!!!!! I wonder if that is a secret family recipe. :) Everyone did or is having a piece because it is nice to share. If you need help (cause we're always hungry) you can call us anytime. Thanks sis.

Runaway Farm said...

I NEED to do something for you so you can repay me! Yum Yum Apple Pie -- now I may have to make one for us this week but I bet yours are better!