Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



Recaps

on Thursday, May 1, 2008

No pictures to post tonight, sorry! Just thought I'd give you a recap of a few of our week's happenings.

1. The kids are still enjoying the nice weather. They want to be outside all evening. I know I need to get them inside, but they have so much fun out there. Plus, it's so quiet in here! A little selfish, I know!

2. Can't believe that it's May 1st! Only 18 days of school left. This month will fly by with all of the kids field trips and fun events at school.

3. Erik (nephew) will turn 16 exactly one week from today! Can't believe that either. Just seems like yesterday that he was running around in his chore boots (that he wore everyday, rain or shine, hot or cold!) He was such a cute little guy! Still is, only handsome now.

4. I threw my back out tonight. That's fun. I'm getting new carpet put down in the east end of the living room and in the toy room. It's the same kind as I have now. Sophie was such a pain during potty training. Well, she's still a pain in that area. So I am having the carpet replaced tomorrow. Roger (brother in law) came to the rescue tonight to cut the carpet so I could pull it back and scrub the hardwood that was under it. Jeff is planting (yeah! - I'll get to that next) so I couldn't bother him. Plus, I just told him tonight that they were coming tomorrow. I kind of forgot to tell him that I was having carpet put down.

5. YEAH!! Jeff is planting corn! I wish I would have had my camera with me earlier this week. It was such a beautiful sight to see him pulling that planter through the fields. I love this time of year in that I love seeing the tractors in the field. Nothing like the smell of that dirt being turned up for the first time this year. Wanda (MIL) and I have moved trucks around for them, and she's been good to fix them sandwiches to take to the field. This should have been #1 on the Recaps List!!!

6. Had a little trouble with one of the show steers last Sunday. Jeff and I were trying to get them tied up. I had a hold of Brooke's steer and he was trying to get the halter on Blake's steer. I didn't have the alley door closed all the way. Bullet (Blake's steer) eyed that opening and took off running across the barn and jumped up in the alley-way. He broke through the floor and we had a 3'x3' hole. Jeff was soooo happy about that, too. I told him to go back to work and I would fix the hole. I did! It's all better!!! (with the help from Luke, although I am taking full credit for fixing it, didn't even tell Jeff that Luke came out. Deep down I know Jeff knows that I'm not capable of patching it that good! Thanks, Luker!) It all worked out and Jeff was relieved that he didn't have to fix anything.

7. Blake has come up with every ailment in the book that would make it possible for him to wear the ace bandage from when Brooke sprained her wrist. He is convinced that his arm is sprained and that he needs to wear it to school tomorrow. I don't think so! He's wrapped every part of every limb in the past 3 days. He's quite a sight now as it's wrapped all up his arm. He's so darn skinny that the ace bandage will wrap an entire limb.

8. Everyone please promise me that if you have a child that is not in school yet, potty train them before enrolling them. I have had my fill of trying to potty train kids at school. There wasn't a class offered for that in college. I think it should now be a requirement. It's a lot more frustrating when it's NOT your child you're potty training. How many "Poop Dances" can you do in one day for getting poop in the toilet??? Oh.... I could write a book. But only 18 days left, right??

Well that's about all that's been happening here. It's been pretty quiet around here. It's time to get caught up on homework and go to bed! Looking forward to a quiet weekend....but a wet one. Ugh!!

0 comments: