Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



Here we come, Mickey!

on Sunday, June 8, 2008

Well, we are down to the wire! We leave tomorrow at 12:30 p.m. for Magic Kingdom. I hope I'll be ready by then. I cannot tell you how excited Brooke is. She keeps randomly coming up to me and will jump up and down and hug me telling me how excited she is to go. I know we will have a lot of fun, it's just a little stressful getting everything ready. Mom always told me "They sell it there" so if I forget something, I'll have to pick it up there. There is just one wrench in the plan..... I have this infected tooth that is in a major flare up right now. I won't even tell you how much medicine I took last night between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. because I should really be dead from all of it. I didn't sleep too well because it hurt so bad. The pain medicine that I took just took the edge off, it didn't kill the pain altogether so I just laid in bed not even able to lift my arms or open my eyes because I was so doped up! I called the emergency number to the oral surgeon at 6:30 this morning. I'm sure he loved that! He is in Chicago at a conference until 4:00 today. He said that I could come in to his office at 7:30 tomorrow morning and he will pull it. He said it should be fine by the time we take off for Disney. He also told me that all of this medicine is just being eaten by the infection and that it's not doing me any good. He said I won't have relief until it's out of there. He was soooo nice about it. He said that he will be back at 4 today so if I'm still in a lot of pain I can call him back. So Brooke offered to help do chores and wash the steers in the morning with Jeff and my sister Carrie (who lives 1 hr. 15 mins. away!) is coming to take me to the oral surgeon. It shouldn't take too long and I've never had any problems having a tooth pulled so hopefully it will go smoothly..... because at 12:30 we are on a plane to Orlando!

One of the good things about going on vacation is that you get to replenish your sock and underwear supply. We have to pick up a couple things today in town to help that situation. I only buy undies about every 3 years so I was excited to get some new ones! I probably won't like them because they aren't my usual kind. There's nothing worse than wearing uncomfy undies either! Oh well I guess. Wish me luck tomorrow with my tooth! And with flying! And with flying with 2 kids who have never flown before!!

0 comments: