Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



Me Again!

on Monday, June 2, 2008

Gosh, I've really been bad at updating. Not that anyone reads my blog anyway, but I guess I feel better if I post something. I don't have any pictures to put up right now, but hopefully I will get to that later today! I'm trying to get some things accomplished now that we are out of school. YES, we are OUT of SCHOOL!!! Friday was our last day. Our weekend was spent watching the UHS Girls Softball team play for the State Championship. They got 2nd place. Wow, what an accomplishment! We only have 1 week until our Disney Trip and there are many things I want to get done before then. I have been wanting to get Blake's closet cleaned out. I was afraid of what was lurking behind all of the blankets and clothes piled in there! Didn't find any critters, but I did find 27 pair of size 6 jeans! Holy cow! He wore a size 6 for two years so I have every style of little boys jeans that are made. I didn't realize how many of them had the knees torn out of them until I started looking at them. Blake is forever playing on his knees - playing racecars, tractors, playing with the dogs, or just running and sliding on the carpet. You know that stuff is really hard on the knees of jeans. I am giving several pair to my nephew Max. He will have a while to grow into them, but at least he'll have some good jeans when he gets close to wearing that size. I am an addict of buying clothes and my kids' closets are proof of that. In fact I am an addict of several things:
1. Flip flops - how many pair can Brooke & I own?
2. Khaki pants - I'm afraid to count how many I have!
3. Longaberger baskets/pottery - cathi, how much do I owe you! (it's not pretty)
4. white tshirts - solid white - never have too many - what if you stain one?
5. clothes for Blake
6. clothes for Brooke
7. Nike Shox tennis shoes - love 'em
8. clothes for me (poor Jeff, all I buy him is new underwear and that's not too often)

There, I admitted it. Isn't that the first step?

I cannot believe I am now the Mom of a 4th grader and 2nd grader. The thought of Brooke being old enough to be in 4th grade scares me. I feel really old. When I was in my 20s, I thought people who had 4th graders were old. That's really come back to bite me in the butt. Although last week, Blake did tell me that he wanted to be "pulled back" in first grade because he liked it so much. I thought that was cute!

I better get back to work. Lots of things still left on my list of things to do.

1 comments:

Runaway Farm said...

Yeah a new post -- Keely and I read it! I like the new look and now am waiting for your music. You need a counter to see how many people read your blog ha ha! I have a scrapbooking addiction and that's about it besides mountain dew and donuts. I am really getting some decluttering done with this yard sale stuff -- I have been hoarding baby clothes for 3-1/2 years you wouldn't believe the tubs of boys clothes I have and I only had 2! Anyway glad to see you back on blog saddle!