Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



Just a Little Rambling....

on Thursday, June 5, 2008

Not much to post tonight. It was a pretty quiet day here today. We spent the majority of it at Dad's house trying to get it cleaned up a little bit. As I was cleaning, I was thinking to myself how fun it used to be to clean at Mom and Dad's when Mom was alive. It's just not the same anymore. She would have been bossing me around, telling me to move this & that, to NOT throw that away, and telling me what spots I missed. I sure miss her. It was kind of weird because yesterday when Brooke got her team/class pictures from Volleyball Camp, I thought I needed to take it out to show Mom. I guess I am just really missing her right now. Anyway, Dad's house is much cleaner for him and Bo-Bo.

Another thing, how am I ever going to get ready to go to Disney World on Monday? How CAN I get ready when I can't get out of the bathroom? Nerves I guess. And now Jeff is making me feel really guilty about going without him. He HATES Disney World. I don't know why he is having second thoughts. I guess I just don't need to worry about it. He had his chance to go when I first mentioned it last fall. He's the one that said he would be too busy. I think he will feel better once it dries up and he can start spraying his crops.

I had to go to the dentist today because I've had a tooth that has really been bothering me. Long story short, I have to make an appointment with the oral surgeon to have it "extracted". Isn't that a gut-wrenching term? I guess it has some infection in it so I have to be on an antibiotic. The kicker to the whole story is that he told me that I could have another big flare up on the plane. He said that the changes in air pressure can really affect teeth if you have a problem in there. Oh Lovely. Now how mad will I be if I get all the way to Orlando and have a stupid toothache? He said that I could call him if I had trouble and he would call me in a prescription for pain pills! What the hell? How am I supposed to get them? Will Mickey Mouse deliver them to my door? I'm going to tank up on Tylenol before I even get on that plane. Like I'm not nervous enough about flying (I hate it and my kids have never flown), but now this just makes it worse!

By the way, I read so many blogs and they are all full of these wonderful pictures of the bloggers and their children. Have you noticed how there hasn't been a pic of me on this site? Well that's because I don't have any. When my kids were younger I always said that if something happened to me, they wouldn't remember me because there aren't any pictures of me. Maybe I'll get a couple good shots of me and the kids in Disney World. Doubt it, but hopeful.

Well it's time to get the kids to bed. They are both exhausted, as am I! They had friends spend the night last night so we are pooped!

0 comments: