Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



My Redneck Boy

on Wednesday, June 4, 2008


Tonight as I was doing chores, I looked out and saw Blake absolutely stuck in a big ole' mudhole full of mud and manure. I immediately yelled at him to get his shirt off because he had on one of his new ones that I got just last week. I could just imagine how hard it would be to get the manure out of that one! I know he took advantage of the opportunity to have his shirt off. He is always asking me if he can take off his shirt, it might be 60 degrees and he's wanting to run around without a shirt. He thought it was pretty cool to be riding that four wheeler "skins"! If he only knew how redneck he really did look! He is so darn skinny. You can see every rib and every bit of his backbone once you get up close! He is out there ripping around right now. He is such a funny kid!
You've never met anyone that likes sugar more than he does. We got a box of 100 freezer pops yesterday (yes, he had to call Aunt Cathi on her phone to tell her that) and I bet he has only 50 left. I keep finding the plastic wrappers all over the house. There were even 2 floating in a mud puddle outside tonight. Yesterday he went with me to get groceries, it was just the two of us. He was really good, but he wanted to buy absolutely every type of junk food there is. He bought a box of John Deere fruit snacks and asked if he could buy another box to give to our friend Joel because he is a salesman at John Deere. Some of his other favorites include apple pie, ice cream, pop, pop, pop, pop, ice cream, apple pie, fruit snacks, fruit loops (now he really likes the new yogurt covered fruit loops), strawberries, freezer pops, and McDonalds cheeseburgers. I know I repeated some of those, but those are seriously about all he will eat! I did make a strawberry pie that he is pretty excited about digging into later tonight. Lately he's been wanting to lay by me at night and "snuggle" as he calls it. He wants me to rub his back and he's out like a light! He has such a sweet side....... in addition to his ornery streak!

1 comments:

Runaway Farm said...

Ummm . . . I'm pretty sure I have a girl here who give Blake a run for his money on the sugar front. She asks for dessert after every meal including breakfast. She only wants meals so she can have dessert. But she doesn't like soda (yet)! If Blake and Addison got married their children would have NO teeth at all!