Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



"BJ" "Irv" "Scooter" "Lance"

on Saturday, August 16, 2008


Yes, these are all 3 names that Blake goes by. My sister Carrie has always called him "BJ" since his name is Blake Jeffrey. He decided a couple weeks ago that he wants to be called "Irv" - so not sure why! Cathi and I sometimes call him "Scooter" - I think it's so cute! Then he told me 2 years ago that he wanted his name changed to "Lance"???? I listed some of my favorite things about Brooke so I thought I better do the same for Blake!

1. Blake + Dirt = Best Friends If there is dirt within 100 yards of Blake, he's going to find it. You might not be able to identify him by the time he's done, but he sure does have a lot of fun!

2. Blake has this raspiness to his voice that is absolutely adorable.

3. He has the same big blue eyes as his big sister.

4. He's jumped 2 sizes in his jeans - not for the size of his waist, for length! Whoever invented adjustable waist jeans is my hero! I have to cinch them up just about as tight as they will go (you know when there is 8" of elastic hanging out of the top of the jeans!?) but he needs the length for his long, skinny legs! By the way, he has no butt either! Who does he get that from? I seriously have NO idea! I was always a skinny little girl, but NEVER tall!

5. Blake + SUGAR = Best Friends! Blake is a candy-holic. His diet is not very well-balanced. I won't get into that though, it shows what a bad mother I am!

6. Blake is such an animal lover! Loves them all - big and small - well, except for reptiles!

7. He has in inherent "need for speed". The faster he goes, the bigger his head gets, the more his heart races! He loves anything with a motor. I think he would enjoy swimming in our pool more if he could fit a jet ski in there. The faster and louder your truck is, the more likely you are to be his best friend.

8. His biggest and bestest friends are his cousins - Chase 23, Luke 19, and Erik 16. Does that give us any indication of how early he will be getting into trouble? I have already threatened all of them with their lives that they better not EVER buy him beer!

9. He is "all boy". Silly, ornery, mouthy, fast, dirty - but he can be soooo darn sweet, too!

And best of all, he is such a "mommy's boy". I don't care that he is 7 1/2!

0 comments: