Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



Where has the time gone?

on Saturday, August 23, 2008

Well, my first born will be 10 tomorrow! And, boy, I am sure having a hard time with it! Yes, I realize I will be 35 in a week, but I still don't feel old enough to have a 10 year old. We've kind of done little "birthday things" all week - pedicures, family birthday party, ear piercings - and will continue! Tomorrow is her actual birthday so she wants me to bake her an apple pie and she wants to go eat at Applebee's for supper. Next weekend, Brooke and Rachel are having their "friend party" together at the YMCA. They are having a swimming party. It's so nice that they are only 2 weeks apart - we get the friend party done in one kick!

Last Wednesday we took her to the mall to get her ears double pierced. She's been asking for that for a few months now and it was on her birthday list. So off we went to Claire's. She was really excited and didn't mind it a bit. She said that it hurt a little (not as bad as it hurt me listening to that gun going through her cartilage). When she was 5, she got them pierced and started screaming after the first ear was done. I didn't think she'd make it to the 2nd ear but after quite a while, she finally let them finish up! So she was a pro this time!








Before...













During....










And After... you have to look very closely to see the 2 holes!





.



They look really good and she is really good at taking care of them herself! I guess that goes along with being 10 years old!

0 comments: