Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



They're Home!

on Monday, August 18, 2008

Finally.... Brooke and Blake are home! Let me tell you, they aren't going anywhere this week either! Blake got home around noon yesterday. He'd been at Uncle Joe and Aunt Sara's since Friday morning, enjoying the New Windsor Rodeo and Fair with cousin Sam. He had such a good time. He thought that it was a mini-vacation, too, since Brooke had been to Six Flags all weekend. She got home about 7:30 last night. She said she had a lot of fun, but didn't know if she'd go on a little trip without us anytime soon. She said she really wanted to come home Saturday night, but knew she couldn't because she was so far away. She was glad to get home, but again, had such a good time!

Yesterday morning I used the opportunity of Jeff being around to get some things done around here. I had been working on getting the house cleaned/picked up all weekend so I was able to get the kids' rooms cleaned yesterday. We brought home a bed for Blake from Mom and Dad's spare bedroom about 6 weeks ago. He has had a twin bed and I thought this was a good opportunity to get him a "new" bed. I thought it was a full bed so I bought his John Deere sheets and bedskirt and had them all washed up to be put on the bed. Jeff and his dad brought the bed in via our french doors in our bedroom. Yes, they had to put the box springs on the roof and then bring it in through the doors. I thought for sure Jeff was going to fall off the roof! Anyway, the bed was put in..... it's a queen, not a full! Luckily I stretched the bedskirt to fit somewhat and I had an extra set of queen sheets in the closet. Both of their rooms looked so good when they got home. They were really excited! About 1:00 yesterday, Blake decided to go lay on his bed for a little bit. Well, he didn't get out of it until 4:00! A much needed 3 hour nap!!

Blake was really excited to have Brooke finally get home last night. He couldn't wait to show her his bed. In fact, he wanted her to sleep in there with him last night. I tucked them in and on my way out of the room , I could hear them chit chatting about everything they'd done this weekend. It was really cute... and amazing to hear them get along! A little time apart did them good!

So this is the kids' last week of summer! They go to school a week from today. I, unfortunately, go back this Thursday and Friday for Institutes. Not looking forward to it. I have a lot of work to do in my classroom before school starts. I think that is what we will do tomorrow. The kids like to help for a little bit at a time. We have new playground equipment so they will like playing on that, too. I keep hoping that maybe we are ready to get back into a routine..... sniff... sniff...sniff!

0 comments: