Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



Dirty Dancing

on Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Well, today Cathi had a well-deserved day off in which she traveled to Chicago with some girl friends to see the production of "Dirty Dancing" at the Cadillac Theater. Roger brought Rachel to our house at 6:45 a.m. so she could go to school with us, then she came home with us after school until Roger got off of work. I think the kids (and Rachel) would be just fine with her coming to our house before school every day. First of all, they were up and ready about 1/2 hour earlier than they have been all year. Secondly, they were done with breakfast and brushing their teeth by 7:30, where I'm usually yelling at them to get done at 7:47 so we can leave at 7:48! It's usually quite a stressful time. Thirdly, they played before school and had a lot of fun together. Unusual, too. Lastly, we were at school at 7:40 am. In fact, a couple people asked me what I was doing there so early.... we're usually walking in as the 8:00 bell rings. All of our students gather in the gym before school and sit with their classes. The kids headed to the gym, but then came back to my room saying "WE are the only ones in there!"

I held off on texting Cathi all day. I always talk to her during my travels to the high school everyday. Today I didn't have anyone to talk to!! I wanted to call her to see where they were eating at, but I didn't. I held back.... until about 5:30 tonight. I texted her. I had to. I wanted to know what she thought. Her exact words in her reply text were "OMG! I am going to lose weight and start dancing. It was awesome!"

Lucky her. Why can't they tell me about these get-aways before the day before the trip. Hint, maybe there's a reason why they didn't tell me...... sniff...sniff....

2 comments:

Cathi said...

OH MY GOSH I did not know hips could move like that. I LOVED IT. This was my first time to a professional theater and I was blown away. If I was 20 years old, was 6' tall, legs that started at my nose, could dance and sing and swivel my hips, I would be all over DIRTY DANCING. I found myself inside yelling out little screams of encouragement only to find they were actually coming out of my mouth. Not sure why no one else had that problem. Thought I was going to jump out of my seat during the whole "Nobody puts baby in a corner" scene. I might of actually whistled very loudly during that. Thank goodness I will never see those people again, well unless I get a call to stand in for Baby. I made a paper airplane with my phone number on it and a little kiss and sent it straight to Johnny. Off to dream of dancing and reminding myself that the guy next to me is named Roger. Just kidding ..................kinda.

jackie said...

I got up at 5:30 thinking I was going to be the first to comment on the Ryner page and Cathi has already been here. OMG is right. The show was wonderful and so much funner with friends. Just like the movie you wanted to get up and dance. We will put you on the list for next time Chris. I am so glad god mad me a women instead of a man.