Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



MICHIGAN!

on Saturday, November 22, 2008

I wrote that in caps because that is how Blake says it - with so much excitement, and he stretches it out to Mi-chi-gan! Jeff goes snowmobiling every year, usually at least 3 times. The last couple years, they guys have taken off on the Friday after Thanksgiving to just go "look" at snowmobiles & stuff. Blake has always wanted to go, but when I have to tell him that "Yes, it is farther than North Henderson (6 miles away)", he always changes his mind and doesn't want to go with them.

Last night, Kevin asked Blake if he wanted to go and he couldn't contain himself before he said yes! He was/is soooooooo excited! I have explained and explained to him that he isn't going riding, just stopping at probably 50 dealerships to look at stuff. He says he still wants to go, after my "kind of trying to convince him not to go because I think he's too young and won't like to ride that far" talk.

It was absolutely hilarious to hear him talking about it with Kevin. Here are a just a few excerpts from the conversation:

Kevin: "Make sure you bring lots of Mountain Dew and skittles. We want you to be really excited about going."
Blake: "Mom, can we go to Target and get Mountain dew?"

Blake: I will bring us some extra socks, Uncle Kevin, because we might get snow in our boots and then our socks will get wet so we will need some dry ones.

Blake: Make sure we stay in a cabin with no cracks in the walls because I want to be able to sleep in my shorts.

Blake: Make sure there's a pool table and putt putt place in our hotel...or in our cabin....oh, and I hope there's a pool, too. "

Blake: When I get home I'm gonna pack. I am gonna bring 2 bookbags. One with my clothes and one with my toys. Mom, can we go now so I can go pack?

Kevin: We're gonna stop at lots of dealers and we'll get you something at every one.

I hope he remembers that he said that when Blake is asking for something at every dealership. He already thinks he is getting a new coat, boots, bibs, hat, and gloves.... Brother!

They are leaving at 4:30 am on Friday and will return on Saturday - late afternoon/early evening. Blake is sooo excited and wants me to tell everyone that I see that he is in a "different state - Mi-Chi-Gan!!!!" This oughta be interesting.....

1 comments:

Mindy said...

That is too funny! And I bet you're thinking the same as me: he won't be my problem for those 2 days -- have fun, Daddy! I hope he has a good time but it wouldn't be for me!