Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



Our newest addition....

on Sunday, November 9, 2008


Meet Drake. He's a little tom kitty that Brooke and Blake found in the barn at Grandma and Grandpa's house. I thought I had the kids convinced to leave him in Grandma and Grandpa's basement, but Blake asked his dad if we could take him home. Jeff didn't feel the burning of my piercing eyes through the back of his head and said "yeah, he can stay in the basement until he's old enough to go outside". Could he honestly not feel me staring at him with my "you better not say yes" eyes. As much as I really am not a cat-lover, he sure is cute. Well I thought he was a lot cuter until he got into my plants. Now I have a half-dead plant. (it was really half dead before but now I can blame it on someone other than myself!) Drake likes to play with Sophie, but I have to tell Sophie to be more gently. She plays with him, then turns around to me with a cat-hair mustache. She tends to get a little rough and bite him, but he has quickly learned to hold his own

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Drake is cute! I am so over my cat who is almost 19 years old and so annoying I can't even tell you. I think it will never die! Ethan wants a dog and I'm thinking next year or the next but Aaron is done with pets too. We have Gary the outside cat too -- I like her much better because I never have to deal with her. Good luck with Drake!

Cathi said...

I bet Sophie was soooo excited with her new toy, Drake. Sadie would be so scared of it. It will probably be the toughest little kitty after playing, kinda rough with Sophie. Can't wait to see the little fella.

jackie said...

I can no longer be considered a stocker because I now can leave a message. Love looking at your blog keep up the good work. All I have to say is all kittens are cute when they are little!!

Carrie said...

Not a cat lover here. They get on the hood of your car and leave prints all over. And if you have one, 30 or 40 more are close behind. Drake is cute(in Alexis).