Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



What would I do.....

on Tuesday, April 1, 2008


without Brooke? She has been such a big help to me tonight. This week, I have all of my Special Ed IEP meetings.... the worst week in all of a special ed teacher's school year!! I have been a little more behind than I would like because I stayed home with my 2 sickies yesterday. I tried getting a lot of my work done tonight while fixing supper (leftovers and McDonalds for the kids... not too difficult for me I guess), doing makeup work with Brooke and Blake (how much work can they possibly miss being gone for 1 or 2 days? A LOT!! You'd think it was college!), laundry, taking the dog from hell out to pee, laundry (oh yeah, Jeff brought in his work coat that he needs washed and dried by morning... it's 8:47 and I haven't even washed it yet), and yes, writing 6 IEPs that each consist of 6 to 9 pages, depending on the student!! Wow, just a little overwhelmed tonight I guess. But, anyway.... while I am trying to wrap things up with all of my schoolwork... I look up and who is loading the dishwasher and picking up the kitchen but my 9 year old daughter!! I told her that she was sure helping me out tonight be trying to be me! I seriously don't know what I would do around here without her. She is such a big help to me and is usually a step or two ahead of me. She knows exactly what my next move will be. Thank Goodness for Aunt Cathi (Nanny Cacky) today because she let Blake stay with her today and Brooke stayed with her for a couple hours this morning until she felt good enough to go back to school. Blake still had a fever this morning so he couldn't go to school today. He was pretty bummed about it... NOT! Gosh, he got to go to the Amish Bakery and McDonalds with Aunt Cathi. I'm surprised Cathi's ears aren't worn out and his jaws aren't cramping from all of his talking. The boy has a lot to say!! He is definitely ready to go back to school tomorrow... he told me he misses his girlfriend! Oh brother!!! So, if anyone ever needs help around the house.... call me... I bet Brooke would hire out! She's the best helper around!!

2 comments:

Cathi said...

What a sweet little girl. Wow, what she has learned from her Auntie Cathi. tee hee She looks just like you in the kitchen, but where is Miss Sophie? Guess she didn't hear the dishwasher door open up. Seriously, I have a question....does Blake talk when he's asleep??? I learned more about ATV racing, monster trucks and how much he loves ATV racing and monster trucks. The good thing is he doesn't always need an answer for his questions or comments because if I'm on the phone or doing bookwork he just keeps talking. I love riding in the car, no need for a radio, Blake 101 FM stereo.

Runaway Farm said...

I thought that was you until I read! Brooke is so grown up -- wow and it's nice that she likes to help! I hope my kids will want to do that too! Sorry it's a busy week for you but after this week -- smooooooooooooth sailing, right?
Glad they are feeling better too!