Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



My "5"

on Monday, April 28, 2008

5 Years Ago I was....
Chasing around a 2 year old and a 4 year old. Neither of the kids were in school yet. I was teaching special ed at ROWVA Elementary. I don't have a great memory so life must have been good, I don't remember otherwise!

5 Snacks I Love
*Diet Coke (this could be all 5!)
*Cinnamon Dulce Latte from Starbucks
*Fresh strawberries & cream cheese dip
*peanut butter M&Ms
*wheat thins

5 Things On my To Do List/Things I Did Today
*Stayed home with Brooke, she was "sick"
*Cleaning closets is on my to do list
*Covering my flowers tonight so they don't die in the frost
*Pray that it stops raining and Jeff gets in the field
*Took a little nap this afternoon

5 Things I would do if I were a Millionaire....
*Pay off all of our families' debt and be sure they would live the rest of their lives debt-free
*Donate a lot of money to the MS Society and to Cancer Research
*Be sure that every student at school had clean clothes and the proper school supplies
*Hire someone to take care of my house so I could spend more play time with the kids (I worry too much about things around here and don't spend enough time "playing")
*Get Jeff more farm ground

5 Bad Habits I Have
*Chewing my fingernails
*Eating too many sweets
*Diet Coke and an occasional Mt. Dew
*Yelling at my kids when I am the one in a bad mood
*Letting our dog sleep with us

5 Places I Have Lived
*With mom and dad
*Leidman Dorm at Monmouth College
*320 E. Archer (appt. in college)
*Rental house when we first got married (outside of Gerlaw)
*Our current home 2 miles west of Alexis

5 Jobs I've Had
*Waitress at Happy Burro
*Cashier at Hogan's Movie Rental
*Reading aide
*Special Ed teacher (current)
*The hardest one yet.... a Mom

Ok, Keely, I did it! Now, Mindy, where's yours? And just think, Cathi, you could do this, too! I think you should AT LEAST put this in an email. It's kind of fun!

2 comments:

Runaway Farm said...

I did mine but it was only up for about 5 minutes before I somehow "blogged over" it I guess. If you were lucky, you read it. Don't know if I'm redoing it. If Cathi sends you an email with her 5 you'd better pass it on to me! I need more reading material!

Keely said...

Thanks for doing it! Was fun to read! Please keep reading my blog, I promise no more assignments! ;)