Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



And The Winner Is......

on Monday, April 14, 2008

Brooke!!! She finished her Multiplication Speed Tests and crossed the finish line of the classroom "horse race" along with two other girls in her class. A 3 way tie! Her teacher said it's the first time in history that 3 people have taken all of their speed tests with absolutely no mistakes, all 100%s, in her 20-some years of teaching 3rd grade. I'm sooo proud of her! She couldn't wait to call her Dad after school to tell him that she will soon be getting a Horse Trophy. He said that she takes after him. I'm not quite sure he should get all the credit; however, they did have a really fun time studying her facts at night. Brooke and Blake have been outside since we got home from school. They came in long enough to get a few bites of a cheeseburger and they were out the door again! They are enjoying the nice weather and have been riding 4 wheelers and shooting bows 'n arrows. A little redneck maybe? I have a feeling I will have a hard time getting them in the house in the evenings now that it's supposed to be more springy. We all went for a 4 wheeler ride earlier and Blake made me follow him through this trail that him and Jeff went on yesterday. I tried to tell him that I didn't want to follow him through the timber, but what was I to do when he took off and I could no longer see him!? He is 7 years old and I, yes I, am following HIM. Shouldn't I be leading the way??? Shouldn't I be the better rider that he should be following? He is such a good little 4 wheeler rider. He NEVER sits down. Always standing up, going absolutely as fast as he can go until his Mom yells at him to slow down. I'm sure he'd rather ride with Jeff. The thing is - he rides fast, stands up, looks back at me, and never misses a beat. He flies past holes and wash outs and then points to it so I will know they're there. I just think that maybe it should be the other way around. When I do pass him, he comes flying up beside me and blows my doors off! I honestly don't like riding with him. He makes me too nervous. I guess he's just getting some practice for the next race in May! Brooke just laughs and the whole time is yelling at me to go faster to get caught up with Blake. Then she makes me turn around and go get Pepper who follows us all over the country. She is so fat that she can barely run her little dog legs around. She's fine on the way there, but can barely make the way home. So I turn around and go get her. She hops up behind Brooke and me on the 4 wheeler and away we go. She loves to ride, it's so funny. She digs her claws in so she won't fall off! Until next time...

0 comments: