Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



WHHHYYYYYY???

on Thursday, April 24, 2008

Why does it have to continue to rain? Do any of you know what it's like to be the wife of a farmer who can't get into the field to plant their crops? Well, for those of you who don't, it sucks! He is so crabby. I thought maybe I'd see what the going rate is at the Super 8 Motel in Monmouth. The kids and I may have to transfer there for a while! (although I'm exaggerating, it doesn't sound too bad!) I am trying to get things ready for a Longaberger Open House on Saturday morning. My cleaning lady just came on Tuesday and by now you can't even tell she was here. I like to have these kinds of things to get my house clean, but it is a lot of work! And, I don't think I know of anyone that is coming. Heck, I don't even care if someone just comes to visit and eat the treats. Just someone come please!! My sister Cathi is the Longaberger consultant so I know I don't have to have things just perfect. It's pretty laid back around here. So tomorrow night I will go to the store to get what I need for my treats. I care more about cooking/baking for my parties than I do actually cleaning for them. Oh well, it's all about the food, isn't it? Well we are off to Brooke's dance class. No tumbling though because of her sprained wrist so it should be an easy night. Brooke's tumbling skills aren't exactly Olympic quality. She takes after her mother, poor girl! Then party preparation tomorrow night!

2 comments:

Cathi said...

Rain is for the flowers and that new tree you planted, silly. Soon it will probably be dryer than a cracker fart and we'll be doing a little rain dance. Hopefully it will dry up soon to get the planting done and then we'll see those little green rows popping up in the fields. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

Runaway Farm said...

Sorry about the rain!
Also got your invite today but am bummed I can't go. Chloe's bday party is Saturday 11-2 in Pekin and I signed up for another scrapbook class in Quad Cities from 4-6. I'm going to be running from one place to another. Sorry I'll miss the food and the fun! I missed the last one too!