Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



STUBBORN Kids!!!

on Saturday, April 19, 2008

I have just been about pushed to my limit this weekend. I don't know why MY kids are so darn stubborn. Blake has been in SUCH a BAD mood tonight. He has been in his room for about an hour after refusing to eat in the kitchen. He always wants to sit in the living room and watch tv while he eats. We really put our foot down tonight and told him that he had to sit with us. He usually cooperates at supper, but tonight he has really pushed it! It makes me soooo frustrated. I have pretty much tried every technique I know to use to get through to him, but nothing is working. He seems to think that the world revolves around him and that he is the boss of everyone, especially his older sister. Brooke is way too nice to him. I tell her that all the time, and I think that has contributed to the making of my 7 year old monster! So I guess he will go to bed with no supper tonight. He spent the night with a friend last night and that sure hasn't helped either. I don't like not being able to monitor when he goes to bed and gets up in the morning. He requires his sleep and if he doesn't get it, I have to pay for it! I shouldn't have let him go because he was in a bad mood at supper last night. And that was fun, we were surrounded by family at the Packinghouse for Chase's birthday and Blake sat there with his head in his coat, refusing to talk to anyone. When I'm in public, I tend to choose my battles and that wasn't one that I was going to pick. So... enough complaining. I'm about ready for bed. Brooke is in the bathtub and she's about ready, too. I have a feeling we will be calling it a night pretty early tonight.

0 comments: