Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



Not Again!!!

on Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Blake is sick again! He looks a lot better in this picture than he really does as he's laying on the couch. He had a dentist appointment this morning that we had to reschedule for the 2nd time! He got sick the last day he was supposed to go, too. I know he gets nervous because he has to get another cap but I don't think that's giving him a fever! He came into our room about 4:30 a.m. which is unusual and I took his temperature because he was so warm. It was 101.5. We all went back to sleep. I was hoping it was just a bad dream! I hate when they are sick! He was just sick last week and was out of school for 2 days! We took Brooke to school and on our way home he started vomiting. Poor little guy. He absolutely hates getting sick to his stomach and he fights it until the bitter end. He's not a very good "flu" patient. Now, Brooke on the other hand, she'll throw up right and left because she knows it will make her feel better. Not Blake. (he takes after his aunt cathi) And my Nanny couldn't even help me out because she's helping Chase today. He has to go get a tooth pulled at the oral surgeon and Nanny Cathi is taking him. How dare he steal my help! She's more nervous going than he is.... she HATES any dentist of any kind!!!!!! I know that Chase is nervous, too, so keep him in your thoughts today. I talked to him last night and he was eating a large Blizzard from DQ. He said he was eating as much as he could since he couldn't eat after midnight. My kind of guy!!!!

Well, my patient is calling. His fever is back up and needs more tylenol. He has such a bad headache. I wish he could take a nap..... then I could, too! Nothing like staying home from school and being able to take a nap. But, oh no, everyone else will expect this great supper since I've been home all day. And they will expect the house to be picked up, bills be paid, laundry done and put away. Needless to say, a "sick" day for me doesn't mean sitting around like I'd like it too. Hopefully Blake will be better tomorrow!

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS to Brooke AND Rachel!!! Their Young Authors Stories were chosen as one of the top five in their classrooms. I know Brooke is very excited about it. They get to go to a celebration next Thursday night where their stories will be read by teachers. Brooke's was called "Melo the Mouse" and Rachel's was called "The Talented Dog". I'm sure hers is about her exceptional dog Sadie! (that's what Mom always called her anyway... ) Brooke said that it was "quite an honor". And keep your fingers crossed that they both passed their 5s and 6s speed tests!!!

1 comments:

Cathi said...

Poor little fella, not to worry, Nanny to the rescue in the morning!!!! I hope you have a fever less night and a good rest. See you in the morning. P.S. I hope your mom got ice. haha