Life in the Country

Taking one day at a time with kids, cattle, and farming!



Enough Already!!

on Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Geesh, now that I've started this blog, I get nasty messages from people (won't mention any names, Cathi) about how I don't update often enough. Today she instant messaged me and said, "Hey, I was wondering how your fingers are." What that meant is "Why haven't you updated your blog?" She thought maybe my fingers had been broken. Well... they're not.... it's just been pretty quiet around here. The kids were very content playing outside this weekend while it was nice and I was content just not doing much! I did go and get my spring haircut (again) tonight. I decided to go shorter. No, I'm not going to put a picture of myself on this thing. I am sure that everyone would notice the beautiful cold sores that are bordering the upper left and bottom right of my lips. A gal at school had one last week and all it takes for me to get one is to look at hers. Yep.... I looked.... she told me she had one.... I even gave her some of my medicine.... and bam! Now I have them. Woke up with them on Saturday morning and they've gotten worse, but I do think they are finally healing. The fact that they are inside my mouth on the roof of my mouth, too, is so painful. I can hardly eat anything without them hurting so bad and making my eyes water. Ok, ok... I know.... I still eat, nothing actually "stops" me from eating. I just eat a little slower I guess. I'm not the type of person to let something like cold sores stand in my way of food. I live for food! Yeah, so that's why there's no picture of my haircut. Oh, I guess we have been spending a lot of time studying our multiplication facts. Brooke is now taking speed tests everyday at school. She puts so much pressure on herself to pass the darn things. We are now studying 5s and 6s so she can pass those tomorrow. It's a big "race" and whoever moves their "horse" (Brooke named hers Lightning) across the finish line first gets a McDonalds lunch. How much pressure is that???????? Geesh, they're only in 3rd grade! I tell ya I think school gets harder and harder at younger and younger grades. I can't believe what they do in 1st and 3rd grade. Blake is right now studying Recycling at school and they have been talking about Earth Day which is coming up. All he talks about is how "sad" he is that people litter and damage our Earth. It is so cute when he says it. He said that he wanted to go clean up ditches this weekend if it's not raining! More power to him! Next he's going to be Dr. Garbologist and going through our trash separating recyclables from non-recyclables (tee hee, Uncle Louie!). Well I'm to the point of rambling so that means it's time to sign off. Until next time... when hopefully there's something more exciting to tell you!

0 comments: